Links to Other Websites
FreeCEN Search Engine
for the 1841 & 1851 Censuses of Aberdeenshire plus parts of other years, and many other UK Counties
- FreeREG list of Latin Names
- GENUKI Great Britain website
- GENUKI Aberdeenshire website
- GENUKI Banffshire website
- GENUKI Moray website
- anesfhs website - the Aberdeen & N.E. Scotland Family History Society
- The anesfhs Members Exchange Group is only available to members; join through the website.
- ROOTSWEB Aberdeen Exchange Group
- ROOTSWEB Banff Exchange Group
- ROOTSWEB Moray Exchange Group
- Scottish Naming Patterns by Mary & Don Saban, Wyoming
- Scottish Naming Patterns & Nicknames - Wakefield Family History Society
- Scottish Naming patterns and some Synonyms - Mull Genealogy, by Ian Phillips
- Ayrshireroots for Surnames in Ayrshire
- UK Parish Locator for distances between and locations of UK Parishes
- N.E.Scotland Genealogy for information on Aberdeenshire and surrounding Counties
- A List of Gaelic Names on the Twice Loved Treasures website with a table showing the traditional Scottish Naming Pattern.
- Genaholic - a free genealogic search website with pages of web-links
- The Baby Names Guide, a comprehensive global list of boys and girls names
- Zaden Smith has provided a comprehensive set of global forenames in Babynology. The names are categorised by place and ethnicity.
- Table of Relationships by David Harper and Lynne Marie Stockman gives an excellent explanation of how to work out your relationship to distant cousins.
- Mike Campbell's Behind The Name outlines the Etymology & History of First Names for many nationalities
- Daire's Celtic Names of the British Isles (excluding England)
- Trish Carden's Nicknames website has an extensive list of Nicknames from many sources
- Judy Henley Phillips's Nicknames website is based mainly on U.S. Nicknames.
- Vladan Nikolic's Baby Names Heaven and Irene Shalom's Babyhold are websites with a huge number of names and meanings from around the world.
- Kevin Samuels has a website giving a fun interpretation of names at "Meaning of Names" - not to be taken too seriously!!
- Veronica Russells Baby Names Country website is one of the most comprehensive websites for Names from around the world, including a brief meaning and copious variants.
- Neil Street has a website, Baby Names Garden, that covers many areas that we have not yet attempted, for example Arabic names. In particular, he has also provided a short discussion on the origins of Irish forenames with regard to the history of the country and the names contributed by invaders over the last two millennia.
- The Nordic Names website has an excellent coverage of all the many variants of names in northern Europe. We haven't tried to cover all the spellings so the website, run by Judith Pfaff, is well worth visiting if you are researching those areas.
- Bob has collected a huge number of Links to websites particularly relating to Irish and Scottish genealogy. It can be found at Bobs' Genealogy Links
- Steve Crook has reproduced an article by Gordon Donaldson on Scottish Surnames. It can be found at Scottish Surnames
- Hungarian names have been added, mainly from the Magyar Nevek website.
- Veritas Prep in Malibu, California, provide a simple comprehensive list of useful Genalogical websites.
This page last updated December 2013